Are you ready to travel the world?🌏 CH Newsletter #31 August 20, 2022
As part of joining our private residential community, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
Dear Chelsea House Members,
- Get a cultural experience by going to Festival Orientalys at Quai de l'Horloge. This is perfect for our multi-national and multi-cultural CH fam 🇺🇳
- This event is designed and produced by Alchimies, Créations et Cultures will feature music, cuisine, and crafts from over 16 Eastern and Western countries. Oh yeah..and entrance is absolutely FREE!
- Looking to really bask in the last festival summer vibes of Montreal ?? Then you've got to go to Piknic Electronik at least once (before school starts! 😉). Piknik is an electronic music festival happening every weekend on ile-Sainte-Hélène, a man-made island just off downtown Montreal, that serves as the sole purpose of hosting insane festivals, the Montreal F1 race & Six Flags - yup, you're soon gonna find out why Montreal is rated the no.1 student city in the World 🙂
- Here's something for our theatre aficionados -- The Hunchback Of Notre-Dame is currently showing at Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier.
- Sharing is Caring - Content Creation has Started!! Last week, we asked you to share with us your photos exploring Montreal. We're thrilled that so many of you have participated !
As mentioned previously, be sure to post on IG (story or post) & tag @livingatchelsea so that you're also entering our monthly contest raffle (first one end of Sept) !! More pizza money $$
- Smack in the middle of downtown there's a cute little park near Peel & St-Catherine. They have these massive staircases which are a IG tourist favorite. Next time, take a selfie 🤳 Jackson!!
Atwater Farmer's Market !! This is where you can the freshest local produce and it's a very quick subway ride from the House. You can also walk down, but coming back you're going uphill (might go in line with the fresh kale 🥬 you just bought).
- Tuesday's outing turned into à Lounge Get-Together So this week we had a planned event on Tuesday that unfortunately got rained out - so we converted it into a get-together in the lounge. We shot a bit of pool, had some snacks and bevvies.
- FRIDAY PICNIC EVENT was gorgeous, so we finally got to do our park hangout !!
- The Chelsea Fam is really hitting it off on our infamous group chat 💪🏽
MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: MARTIN MEDINA FROM COLOMBIA 🇨🇴
Alright folks, say hi to Martin from Colombia 🇨🇴 ! He's studying at UdM (Université de Montréal) in the Computer Science Department 🧑🏻💻
Martin loves learning about different people and cultures, doing various activities, and making new friends 😊
Martin's just moved in, speaks 3 languages, can totally help you out with any IT problem and seems like an overall great guy. Welcome Home Martin !!! 😍
SHOW ME THE MONEY!! THE STUDENT JOB BOARD FOR SOME PART-TIME CASH $$$
Show Me The Money is our selection of easy student jobs we think you can swing while still acing your academic duties. Check it out and feel free to reach out if you need interview advice or coaching!!
- Soccer Game Operator @ Sports Ai | Chelsea House soccer 🥅 fans, this might be the job for you! As the game operator, you'll be in charge of taking statistics during soccer matches using Sports AI's internal tools. All necessary computer support will be provided by the company!
- Animal Care Assistant @ McGill | For our animal lovers 🐶 🐈, we know how much you miss your fury best friends back home 🥺 We found the perfect opportunity for you tho! They're looking for a person who will monitor animals’ health and ensures they are properly fed and housed. If you're capable of maintaining a work area in a clean and orderly fashion and willing to work on weekends, send your CV through the link below.
- Barista @ Starbucks | Passionate about coffee ☕️ and relationships? Here's a job for you! Starbucks is looking for specialists who will prepare delicious and perfect drinks and can give the best experience to their guests. The company can offer a flexible work schedule according to yours and their needs. Apart from discounts on services/amenities provided by the Sageblan Group (including 25% off the Starbucks store), employees also get one free drink per shift and one free pound of coffee per month 🤩
- Ok so this week we've been in full BACK OF HOUSE organization mode. As you may have noticed on your way to the laundromat, we completely emptied our supply storages and have since then proceeded to repaint, add shelving and now we are reorganizing to make our maximize our space.
- Something's Broken = Service Request - Good job to our first members who used the CH App to signal service requests needed. As you can imagine, handymen aren't the most tech savvy (they won't text you to ask more questions haha), so it is really a must that you give as much detail & submit a picture to give them context. Also, really important, if your issue is resolved please let us know, so we take it off our To-Do List. Keep in mind, the maintenance crew members don't work weekend. We do our best to get things sorted as best as possible but sometimes outside professionals (plumbing, electrical, etc) may take a few days as their schedules are pretty packed.
- We've got upcoming improvements in apartment kitchen organization. Last year was mayhem of finalizing a job-site before school start. This year, we're attacking smaller details, that we think will make the difference.
- All that to say, we've been channeling our inner Marie Kondo and running all over IKEA, Costco, Home Depot and others to choose organizational elements we think could help the settling-in experience without hindering the design (very important). We're hoping you never have to face the Hell of back-to-school IKEA shopping 🤬