Guess who’s back! Season 2 starting up - CH Newsletter #29 Aug 5, 2022
As part of joining our private residential community, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
Dear Chelsea House Members,
- In case you haven't heard, the 36th L'International des Feux Loto-Québec also known as the "most prestigious" fireworks competition in the world is currently being held in Montreal. This Saturday, August 6 is your last chance to catch their final show!
You can watch the spectacular 🎆 display for free at prime public viewing areas such as the Old Port, the Village au Pied-du-Courant and the Jacques Cartier Bridge. You may also buy tickets to watch it at La Ronde if you prefer to watch it up-close (they have seats set up across the water from the fireworks launch pad). Final show starts at 10pm!
- Calling all CH art and crafts🖌🎨 enthusiasts! The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts is offering free admission every first Sunday of the month. If you haven’t been, it’s a must.
- After seeing masterpieces at the Museum, why not take a quick trip to Hochelga and check out The Grande Fabrique Craft Fair? Over 150 local artisans and designers will showcase their creations. Don't forget to bring your wallet 💸 and snap up some unique finds at this eco-friendly market 😉
Who doesn't want some late-morning cocktails? 🤔
Montreal Old Port waterside restaurant called La Cantine is offering BOTTOMLESS MIMOSAS every Sunday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m until September 25th. They also offer both sweet and savory yummies that would go well with your 🍹 This might be your last chance this year to get outside and stay hydrated 😉 in the hot sun ☀️
It's move-in season again at Chelsea House! Here's a rundown from this week:
- Jackson 🇺🇸 and Eric 🇨🇦 all smiles as they check out their new home away from home 😁
- Steph (an official member of the CH welcoming committee) and Jackson 🇺🇸 having lunch at a local CH members' fave healthy spot —the infamous Omnivore. If you haven't tried it give it a shot it’s only 2 min. away from the residence. 🤤
- Yesterday we had our first activity “Chelsea Slices Pizza party 🍕” in the Members Lounge. Just some casual monster slices from Slice & Soda (quick go-to by the slice spot near CH) with a few refreshments. 🔥 🎉
Our in-house master chef member Alessandro 🇮🇹 couldn’t believe the size of these pies & wanted to show you all with his hand next to it for perspective of how HUGE it was 🤣 🍕
Arta came to carry the pizza... Chloe came for the company 🤭
Asides from that he’s a big gamer 🎮 , loves swimming🏊 (a lot of it) and travels a lot 🛫 🗺 (Mr.Worldwide 😎🤪)
SHOW ME THE MONEY!! THE STUDENT JOB BOARD FOR SOME PART-TIME CASH $$$
- Video Assistant Football @McGill | Calling all football fans 🏈 if you have great organizational skills, bilingual (English and French), and have experience with the HUDL platform, this is THE job for you.
- Coffee - Bar Attendant @Mariott International, Inc | CH coffee lovers ☕️, this is a job you don't wanna miss. If you're the type who takes on the initiative and likes to interact with people, this might be the perfect work for you 🙂
- Icebreaker Sales Associate | This job is for the physically fit 🏋️♀️💪🏻 and doesn't mind standing for the entire work shift! In return, you will gain experience on sales and how to effectively deliver a brand's product story. For more info, clickWaiter @ Lov | Chelsea House extroverts, who love Vegan food 🥑🥦(maybe get leftovers👀😗), this might be THE place for you! If you love helping others, you can put a BIG smile on your customers' faces 😁 and make their day better 🌞 by serving them yummy food!💁♀️
- New Pool Cues - We're glad to know how much you enjoy using our beautiful pool at the lounge (judging by the state of our poor old pool cues. Lol 🤣 )
- Reloaded a new set of cues to get ready for the new season. To all the pool sharks 🦈 you're welcome 😉
- Canada Post mailbox 📬 - The long wait is over! Our new mailbox from Canada Post has finally arrived after months of follow-ups (shoutout to Steph who coordinated with them 💪🏻 )
As you may know, we've stopped receiving notices and packages from Canada post ever since this requirement was imposed. No more lost mails and packages (hopefully 🤞🏼) once this baby is properly installed. We'll keep you posted!
Keep in mind this is just for Canada Post. Amazon and other parcels will continue to be delivered in our Smart delivery box 📦 (you’ll get a text on the CH App)
- CH App 📱 Updates - our team has been working hard on improving our very own CH app the whole summer. A feature we're particularly extremely excited and proud to share with you is that VERY SOON, you will be able to process your rent payments through the app! More details to be shared with you in the coming weeks!! 😁 For now, here's a sneak peak of what it could look like: