MTL IS ON FIRE (Not Literally) - CH Newsletter #28 June 24, 2022
As part of joining our private residential community, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
- As you all may already know—since ALL of downtown Montreal was on party mode 💃 the ENTIRE weekend—Grand Prix was last weekend🏎 For the newbies who have no idea what was going on, here's a little background info: Montreal is home 🏡 to the Formula 1™ Canadian Grand Prix, which is the biggest sporting event in all of Canada!! The car races last 3 days (from Friday to Sunday) and they're filled with glamour, charm, and world-class events & parties 💃 (kind of like a real life Cars movie😱).
- Now here's something for the art lovers: if you want to fill up your free time during the long summer days, we recommend the Frida Kahlo exhibition 🖌 with VR and massive projections. It's held at Arsenal Contemporary Art, which is just a 20-min walk from Chelsea House (enough time to soak in the sun ☀️). Students pay a total of $33 🤓🤩 It finishes July 24 so make sure you go and see it before it ends!
- Dinner and drinks on a boat...yes please!🥂 You can live your true fairy-tale date dream 💭 on the Canal Lounge on the Lachine Canal (next to Atwater Market) ✨ 🌌Under the starry Montreal sky 🤩 you'll be able to feast on a boat with a (boat-proof) cocktail in one hand & yummy plate of food in front of you, for more insight click here.
For our CH health gurus looking for ways to get fresh(-ER) local foods🥒🥦🍴...check out these 13 farmers' markets around Montreal! Our early birds 🐥🌞 have the chance to get first dibs on a fresh fruits 🍓🍇& products that come in every morning! With this weather, you know the products are going to be GOOD 🤤
If you ever question the dedication of the Community Team, here's Steph on the roof of Chelsea House fixing some AC issues HERSELF 💪 Now this is what we call Woman Empowerment 👷🏽♀️
We wanted to give a lil' shout out to our housekeeping team 🧼 for being so amazing! We got them some food from Omnivore as a thank you 🥰 for all of their hard work keeping everything nice and clean for you ✨
- FYI Omnivore is a CH team member favourite (thanks Steph 😘). Located 2-min away from Chelsea House, Omnivore sells Middle Eastern style (that's when you KNOW the food is going to be GOOD) sandwiches 🥪, salads 🥗, and desserts 🍨 (ex. Baklava 🤤). They're also vegetarian/vegan friendly🌱🥬 Feel free to ask the staff for any recommendations as they're super helpful 🍽☀️ (Steph's fave sandwich is the Djaj). Before you know it, you will be a regular (like Steph) there since it's also budget friendly💸! We added a pic of our order to give you some inspo ✨
- Waiter @ Madison's New York Bar & Grill | For our foodies looking to get some experience in the food world, this is a perfect opportunity to try something new 😋 No need to worry about not having days off, as they're closed Sunday and Monday so you can be sure that you will have some downtime!😴
- Barista @ Maman MTL | Now here's what they're looking for: Someone with experience making coffee & latte art (CH artists wya 👀) and having an interest in pastry and cooking (for our CH bakers 😉🥐) is a major plus. Must be a personable and team player with a desire to learn and grow within our expanding company.
- Waiter @ Lov | Chelsea House extroverts, who love Vegan food 🥑🥦(maybe get leftovers👀😗), this might be THE place for you! If you love helping others, you can put a BIG smile on your customers' faces 😁 and make their day better 🌞 by serving them yummy food!💁♀️
- Service requests - Here you will be able to send us details onhi infong that is broken in your apartment and we will be sure to fix it for you.
- Message Board – This is mostly for YOU (the member): important info is communicated on this page: giving you any house updates and any info on upcoming events.
- Your Chelsea House Key - Your digital key will be found here and it gives you access to the entrance, backdoor, lounge and entrance from the lounge/gym door.
- Suggestion Cards - From YOU to US. Chelsea House is a new student residence and we care about our Chelsea house members, we want this page to be used so you can ask us any questions or give us any advice on how we can better accommodate you in your new home 😊
- Copy of Lease - You will have the chance to access your Lease whenever you want. If you have any questions about this you can use the Suggestion Cards page.
- Deliveries (Expedibox) - You will receive notifications on your deliveries and be ready to pick your deliveries at our Expediboxes in Chelsea House.
- Always Evolving – stay tuned for updates (like rent payment).
CH Community Team