LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN - CH Newsletter #27 June 9, 2022
As part of joining our private residential community, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
- Montreal's food scene 🍽 is really big (in case you couldn't tell with our consistent food news)! Turns out that 21 Montreal restaurants were ranked within the best 100 in Canada for 2022. If you're a foodie (like us), here's the inside scoop on some iconic Montreal food spots that made it to the list:
- BONUS: CNN Travel named Montreal one of the 11 Top Destinations of Summer 2022 🌞 Good thing you live here now and not just visiting because it really is the place to be this summer (and it's not just us saying so)! 😆 From the street art to free shows, to the terraces and festivals, Montreal's summer gives you an endless stream of serotonin ☀️ (to make up for our dark winters 😅)
- If you'd like a break from the hustle and bustle of downtown Montreal, we highly recommend heading to the suburbs for some plane spotting ✈️ Head over to Parc Jacques-de-Lesseps which is located right next to the Montreal airport. Grab some snacks, drinks, and something to sit on to soak in the sun and get an up-close view of planes landing and taking off. Insider tip: the vibes are IMMACULATE during golden hour ☀️
We also wanted to give you all A heads about one of the biggest weekends in Montreal: GRAND PRIX starting June 17th! 🏎 This isn't just about a car racing on a track, It's about a whole city coming alive with excitement! People arrive to Montreal from every part of the globe with one common objective - to get the most out of their 72 hours!Streets are closed, clubs and bars throw epic parties, celebrities are in town...it's definitely a weekend to be out and about 🕺🏻
- CV/Resume - make sure to write your resume and have it printed before anything. Your CV should have a section for education, past professional experiences, achievements and awards and skills. We wanted to show you a template that would look great!
- Cover letter - writing a cover letter is optional but can boost your application. It is merely there for the boost and isn't always necessary.
- Searching - there are many ways you can look for a part-time job. Some of the easiest ways are through LinkedIn, indeed and on google. Some other ways if you are trying to find something more immediate would be going into the places and giving them your resume.
- Applying and getting your first interview - Don't stress, first interviews are supposed to be super draining! If you need any preparation on how to respond to certain questions we would be more than happy to help you with that.
Now put these tips into action:
- Visual Support Associate @ Harry Rosen | If you believe in maintaining and supporting a team to achieve success, we believe this part-time job is for you!! You will only have to know luxury wear and retail experience. The perfect job for the CH fashionista 👔
- Dog Walker/Cat Sitter @ Walks & Wags | Who else is missing their pets from home or would like an excuse to cuddle a puppy? Well, you're in luck. No more contemplating buying a pet you can just have one temporarily!!!🐶🥺
- Volunteer for Friendly Visits with Seniors @ Entraide Bénévole Métro | If you're looking for something to do that would help the Montreal community, this is a great way to do so! You'd be helping with physical and moral support to seniors 💗 All they ask for is helping with groceries, going for walks, and checking up on isolated seniors (wholesome 🥺)
If ever you need some summer activity recommendations, you know who to call 👋🏼
CH Community Team